Thursday, March 13, 2008

When is the Next Full Moon?

A mash-up of meetings and proposals and family things are conspiring against my being the most creative and productive that I know I can be.

That's OK.

It's these weird times that can help you see the forest for the trees. Right?

I've been collecting the most awesome materials for jewelry lately, but I can't stop the merry-go-round long enough to sit still and think about the designs I want to create.

Too much going on, you see.

But now that I think of it, last night I was at a local networking event, when a woman stopped me to compliment the necklace I was wearing.

When I told her I'd designed and made the piece, she assumed this was my primary line of work. When I told her otherwise, she was stunned.

It made me smile inside for the rest of the evening.

And now, recalling that? It made me pull out a couple of pieces that I just might get started on tonight.

(Once I plow through my to-do list, of course.)

Here's hoping that your own to-do list doesn't get too far in the way of expressing your creativity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. Interesting post.

Spandrel Studios said...

Hi, Lincoln - thanks for stopping by... guess that means I should post a photo or something of what I've designed, eh?