1. Jackets with decorative zippered pockets will always be trendy and not worth the investment.
2. "The easy way out" seldom is, except when it comes to food preparation.
3. If during a job interview they've squirreled you away in a conference room - and they never actually let you see the offices where you'd be working - that's a bad sign.
4. V-neck sweaters look better on about 95% of the population.
5. If you just work hard and keep your nose to the grindstone, you will never get ahead - a little self-promotion is always necessary.
6. Sunburn is always worth preventing.
7. With vital supplies, always buy more than you think you need - this goes for toilet paper, beads, and chocolate.
8. A manicure should be obtained the day before you have to do something important.
9. Spending time with kids is far more important that spending oodles of money on them.
10. Getting started is more important than starting exactly the right way.
What have you learned? Post it in the Comments.