Friday, July 11, 2008

Anticipation

A few weeks ago, I flipped open my ancient cell phone, to the worst possible effect...

It literally busted apart, springs and hinges propelled out of the thing, and one piece even hit me in the forehead! The whole scene was like something out of a cartoon.

So I've been without a cell phone for a few weeks, and it's very disconcerting, if only for safety reasons. I'm not constantly nattering on it, but I like being able to reach Mr. Spandrel in a pinch.

We'd been mulling new phones for about a year, now. It was all very three bears, with this one too small, this one too big, yadda-yadda.

Perhaps you've heard, but there's a new phone coming out today. We are going to see if we can snag one. For some reason, Mr Spandrel is convinced that in our area, iPhones won't be a big deal. That getting ours will be a cinch.

So we have a plan, you'd think it would involve military-precision timing so we can avoid any long waits. But no.

Let's see if it works!

4 comments:

Paul Pincus said...

got it!

you'll love it.

terrific weblog ; )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Paul!

I was not so lucky. Should have gone to the Apple store late last night.

But then, I can wait a few days.

I think. ;-)

Kitty said...

I have one too. I adore it. Love.
I feel indulgent having one, but it's my one indulgence.

Good luck. I got mine a couple months ago from an AT&T store. They had a bunch. The Apple Store, on the other hand, was mobbed. They can never keep iphones in stock because people buy several at once to resell.

Anonymous said...

The interface is just so amazing, and being able to have one device do so many things? Perfection.

Design is important to me, so I'm trying to put my money where my heart is.