Monday, November 3, 2008

Perfect Fall Day

On Saturday, I was again doing errands in Chestnut Hill, a rather preppy part of town.

As I turned a corner, the trees with their orangey leaves framed a slim middle-aged man on a three-speed bicycle, his schoolboy glasses fogging up from exertion. He wore lovely lace-up brown boots and khakis topped with a navy peacoat and a carefully knotted plaid scarf.

And attached to the back of his bike seat? A perfect wicker basket filled with Macintosh apples.

The whole scene made me grin for 10 minutes.

Ah, fall is definitely here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why didn't you say 'hi!' when i rode past you?? I would have given you an apople to lighten the load. Sorry I didn't say anything - as you noticed my glasses were all fogged up & i didn't notice you.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Your description of the man made me smile too. I can imagine him perfectly ;-)

Anonymous said...

Aw, Mr Anonymous, I was too busy staring at the shoes to tell it was you! They were fabulous, cognac-colored leather - I should have known!

Anonymous said...

Fish! So nice to hear from you! Thanks for the compliment - if I wasn't driving, I would have whipped out my phone to snap a pic... it was just too perfect!

Are you back from your hols? I'm off to *your* blog to see...