Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote, Baby, Vote!

Random 2008 Election Day Memories...

Seeing 4 neighbors I knew voting alongside me, before work. I seldom see these people at the start of my day, and I have to admit, it was sort of pleasant, in an "I Like My Community" sort of way.

Thanking God I didn't have to wait hours in line, like many others I know.

Feeling that something big and historically significant was about to happen - even if my candidate loses, there is still a "first" to be had with the other party winning.

Laughing at my last-minute sustenance-grab, a water bottle and a Pop*Tart I shoved into my purse, in case I had a long wait ahead of me.

Admiring how, after Mr. Spandrel voted, we calculated that by 10:30 a.m., more than 35% of registered voters in our polling place had stepped up to vote!

No comments: