Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bend It Like Bendant

A friend (thanks, JC!) recently informed me of MIO, a green design company located in downtown Philadelphia.

Besides MIO's aesthetic - which makes me want to paint the entire downstairs white like a gallery so a swath of their textured wallpaper on one vacant wall would make a visual/texture statement - I like what they stand for.

What drives them is creating sustainable innovation that uses recycled materials. A local milliner makes their felted bowls and lampshades. They've already garnered the attention of the design world, and have received a lot of press.

I am head-over-heels in love with their Bendant lamp (pictured, left), which would look just smashing over our dining room table.

Also? A part of me wants to work for a company like this some day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to work for a Company like this too :-D

Spandrel Studios said...

Hey, you put it out there in the universe... so you never know!