Sunday, March 8, 2009

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast...

Ever since I learned to touch-type one summer in high school on a primitive computer programmed with rudimentary business software, I have been a wicked-fast typist (between 100 and 120 WPM).

It's come in handy in my line of work.

So most times, my fingers can keep up with my thoughts.

But lately, my computer keyboard has been persnickety; it misses a letter or two every other word or so while I'm typing, especially when I go fast (and it's not me; Mr. Spandrel has noticed it, too).

This equipment quasi-failure has forced me to gear down and literally consider every word I write.

It's led to frustration many times when I'm hoping to dash off a note before I forget what I'm thinking about.

But in other ways, the fact that it forces me to slow down and think is not necessarily a bad thing.

No comments: