Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Looks Like My Mom

After a final day of Christmas shopping that left me exhausted and weary, I ventured to the Wegman's for dinner provisions.

In the produce section, I was searching for romaine that looked good, when I caught sight of a woman's handbag in her cart from across the aisle.

"Huh, that lady has the same bag as my Mom," I thought to myself, since my Mom's tote is pretty distinct.

And then, "Hm, that lady has a jacket like my Mom, too . . . Hey! That lady's my Mom!"

I sidled my cart up beside hers and said "Hey, lady."

She looked up and was thrilled to see me.

We spent the next 15 minutes gabbing, and not making any headway in our lists.

I told her how I spotted her, and she laughed really hard - her eyes lit up at the serendipity of it all.

I like my Mom.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

wow, how funny and strange!

Spandrel Studios said...

Yes, it was one of those quirky moments!