Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Favorite Things:
MarieBelle Hot Chocolate


Yes, it really is that luxurious. Apparently the owner was inspired to start her own line of cocoa and chocolates after falling victim to the elixir that is the hot chocolate at Angelina's in Paris.

We should all be so unlucky!

While I like the hot chocolate very much, it's the tin that I am most enamored of. This tin, with its coppery diamond pattern and interplay between brown and sky blue is a work of art - or at least spectacular package design. It beckons you to spoon off the lid and get cooking.

I want keep this tin around forever and ever. I am saving the last little bit of cocoa that I have left because I just don't ever want to open the cabinet and not see it there.

I know, I know, I could plop it on my desk, a spot of honor, as an ode to successful design. Or if I really felt a need to make it a practical addition to my already-crowded desk, I could use it to hold pencils or clips or other miscellany.

But relegating it to the realm of practicality would belittle it, somehow.

There's something about opening the baking-cabinet door and being welcomed by a glimpse of that chocolate brown, copper and blue label that is so uplifting.

If you're looking for a gift for someone who appreciates chocolate, they will love this. I guarantee it. And at only $18, it won't break the bank.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

A coworker of mine used to have one cup of this hot chocolate a day. I always looked at her with intense envy.

I just checked out your Etsy store! wow! what beautiful things?!

I will have to go back and browse around some more!

Spandrel Studios said...

This stuff is seriously good, but it's different from the hot chocolate we're used to in the U.S.

The other that I love but haven't had in a long time is the Jacques Torres Wicked hot chocolate.

And thanks for the compliments on my Etsy store! I'm adding a bunch of items at various price points over the next couple of days for last-minute holiday shopping.

Spandrel Studios said...

Ugh, I just realized how much of a "food snob" my first comment sounded! What I meant is that it's a darker, more bitter chocolate taste and less intensely sugary than, for example, Nestle Hot Chocolate. But hey, there's something for everyone!

Kitty said...

haha.
well, you're allowed to be a food snob. It's okay.

I enjoy being a food snob!