Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Red Beret

Today, while out picking up some takeout from the local salad and panini emporium that we frequent, I spotted an older woman munching on a sandwich across the room.

In a room full of black puffer coats and nubby sweaters, of fleece jackets and parkas, she was a the one bright spot.

On a gloomy, overcast Sunday, she was decked out in a red sweater set, topped off with a red beret.

Perfectly poufed to one side.

It was like seeing the first tulip of spring start to poke its head out of the murky soil.

3 comments:

William Wren said...

i was reading henry james

Kitty said...

I love red.
Today we were walking around and it was balmy. Yesterday cold, but today like spring.

Seriously there will be a day when there is no winter left!

Spandrel Studios said...

Hey, WW, thanks for stopping by.

Kitty, I love red, too - it's such a burst of visual energy. This weather is just too crazy - I went into the grocery store at 4:30 and it was 60 degrees, came out and it had dropped to 48 while raining cats and dogs! Spring is my favorite time of year, so I'm really ready!