Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Breakfast with Spoon

One day while on vacation, we spent an hour waiting outside Dottie's for the buttermilk dill toast and other breakfast amazements. As it turned out, behind us, also waiting, were a few guys from Spoon. Britt spent much of the time on his cell and the drummer was reading The Onion.

Actually, that's how we finally identified them, in the paper. Just not used to being thisclose to cool bands. Anyway, despite my having loved their song "I Turn My Camera On" I had no idea who they were, but knew they looked familiar.

Then, once their new album was released, "The Underdog" became my theme song for much of the summer. During my commute, that song helped propel me from the train headfirst into my workday. It was especially effective on hazy Mondays when motivation was hard to come by.

For me, the blare of trumpets works better than a double-shot of espresso.

Go ahead and download "The Underdog" from iTunes if you need a pick-me-up. And let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Spandrel Studios said...

Something fishy's going on, here. I definitely posted this one on Wednesday, 11/7. Hm...