But everything just feels a little off-kilter. I've got a couple of big projects brewing. A few things that are weighing heavy on my mind. Feeling a little stuck creatively. Need a little inspiration. Some kind of kick-start.
In the meantime, my list of top 10 Effects of Unseasonably Warm Weather:
- Being outdoors as much as possible suddenly seems very important.
- Spotted someone eating an ice cream cone while walking down the street.
- Everyone seems 100% happier and friendlier; big, goofy grins abound.
- The side of my face gets a slight sunburn while driving. (Damn! More freckles, too!)
- Sunglass'd mothers feeding their newborn babies while sitting on park benches.
- Outdoor seating that's been under wraps for months is resurrected for two freak days of dining al fresco.
- A walk to an Italian market for dinner ingredients feels like a jaunt through a European neighborhood - with people outside talking, kids playing, a family sitting on the stoop.
- An odd smell (mud mixed with dead grass?) in the air outside... Not quite spring, not quite winter.
- Golfers wearing shorts while hitting the links on a "sick day."
- Flip-flops in January finally make sense.