Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Color Me Addicted: Pottery Painting Protege

I have now entered suburban housewife cliché-ville: This weekend, my sister and I took her daughter and a friend to Color Me Mine, one of those paint-your-own pottery stores.

It was sensory overload for a while. We ran into a friend from high school whom I hadn't seen in 15 years and caught up amidst the chatter.

The place was noisy and crowded with kids coming out of a birthday party. A family squished beside us, mother, grandmother, and kids, painting dishes and dinosaurs.

Then suddenly, there was calm. Everyone was concentrating on coloring in the lines, or not. We were chatting quietly and giggling, and keeping an eye on the little ones while we painted our wares and dished about the week.

While the fun was fleeting, in just 7 to 10 days we'll see the finished products.

Can't wait to see how they all turned out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh - I always wanted to do that!

that would be a great Girls Night Out event..

Spandrel Studios said...

It really was so much fun! But delayed gratification since you don't see it the results for over a week.

But just yesterday, my sister picked up our creations. Will post it as soon as I get the photos uploaded.