Monday, January 28, 2008

Get Out of that Winter Rut


Creatively, I've been stuck in a rut for a week or so.

I've got several projects that are in limbo, several others that I've started. And still more ideas are kicking around in my head for even more projects.

Some people like to finish one thing before moving on to another.

Me, I like having a number of plates to juggle. It keeps my senses awake and aware.

After a while, though, I just need to get a little perspective to push things through. Tie up loose ends and make execution my end goal.

With the warmer weather (40s when it should be 20s!), I can tell this week is looking to be a good one for action . . . so let's go!

Photo taken at Rehoboth Beach, September 2006.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

nice photo, spandrel!

Well, it's hard to kick one's own butt. I know the feeling.

My thought is that you'll do it when it's time. Maybe it's just my lazy side talking, but I feel from having my productive times, that I couldn't have done the same during an unproductive time.

Hope this becomes a productive time for you soon!

Spandrel Studios said...

Thanks, Kitty!

You're totally right; there are times where it's just not going to happen. Hopefully, those are few and far between.

Already, Monday was more productive than I'd expected... so I think my focus is back!